OptomCAS: HOBBIES

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

oo0Archangel0oo

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, guys! I was wondering if you guys listed some of your hobbies under extracurriculars. Right now I am looking at OptomCAS feeling like I shouldn't because they ask for a start date and end date (and who really keeps track of the exact month they started or ended a hobby) and numbers of hours per week and number of hours per year. I can understand adding something like volunteering outside of optometry in this section, but did you list hobbies like reading, drawing, swimming, etc? I had many hobbies throughout college up to now, so when I saw the "Extracurricular Activities, Hobbies, and Avocations Description" box while I was listing out some of my extracurriculars, I felt like maybe they just wanted to know more about what I like to do and what sets me apart from other people. What do you guys think?
 
For that section, it would still be a good idea to keep it simple and list what you would on a resume. Clubs, or a sport you did in college are great examples. Volunteer activities are great.