pnw256

2+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2015
Status
Pre-Optometry
I took the OAT end of July this year but I still have no idea how to get the score on to optomCAS or to the schools I'm applying to. The instructions are not clear at all. Do I just pay to send it to one school and it opens my score up? Do I need to see the scores on optomcas to confirm that they've received it?

Jul 29, 2017
Status
Pre-Optometry
Once you take your OAT, the schools that you selected when you signed up for it automatically get your scores!

OP
pnw256

pnw256

2+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2015
Status
Pre-Optometry
Once you take your OAT, the schools that you selected when you signed up for it automatically get your scores!
I don't recall being able to pick any schools during my exam though...

About the Ads
Jun 15, 2017
Status
Pre-Optometry
I don't recall being able to pick any schools during my exam though...
It wasn't during the exam that you picked the schools- it was when you registered to take the OAT. A few months prior to taking your OAT remember when you had to go online and register for a pin- you had to give your name and info- and pay your 435$. When you were doing all that fun stuff it brought you do a screen where it had aaaall the OD schools in North America, and you had to check off the schools you wanted your results to be sent to.

car guy doc

2+ Year Member
May 11, 2016
It wasn't during the exam that you picked the schools- it was when you registered to take the OAT. A few months prior to taking your OAT remember when you had to go online and register for a pin- you had to give your name and info- and pay your 435$. When you were doing all that fun stuff it brought you do a screen where it had aaaall the OD schools in North America, and you had to check off the schools you wanted your results to be sent to.
Also, the ones you checked may or may not have even been the same ones you applied to on optomcas. So if you don't remember it's probably worth it to call each school you applied to to check.

Reactions: Kat3H49
OP
pnw256

pnw256

2+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2015
Status
Pre-Optometry
Is there anyway to figure out which ones I picked? Was there a certain number of schools that was included with my oat fee?

About the Ads