OptomCAS Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rharbert

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,
I could use all the help and suggestions you have to offer since I am coming from a school with no optometry club/advisors.

Would there be any advantage to submitting transcripts and evaluations before the 2019-2020 cycle opens? Also, do they give you a specific topic for the personal essay when the new cycle begins?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

There's no advantage for submitting it before the cycle opens, if anything it can actually hurt you. For the essay, it's the standard "Why optometry and what will you do" essay. If you need the prompt exactly, look through old posts lol.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you know if you get your transcript verified before the new cycle opens, if it gets carried over or will you have to reverify?

It has to be reverified when the new cycle opens.

I have a question regarding the OptomCAS as well! For those that have already been through the cycle last year, is there a set deadline for when rec letters from professors/optometrists are due?

I have a question regarding the OptomCAS as well! For those that have already been through the cycle last year, is there a set deadline for when rec letters from professors/optometrists are due?

There's no set date. You can pick the day you want it by.