OptomCAS Verification and Grades

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oatstudentadvice

Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm planning on submitting my application at the end of next week (around Aug. 1) but I do have a course in progress (which according to admissions advisors is okay). My course grade only goes in the grade book around Aug. 8th. I read somewhere that we cannot update new grades until our OptomCAS application is verified. I'm wondering if I should just wait till August 8th to submit my app or if its okay to update my grade after verification. The only issue is the updated transcript will take about 13 days to come in. Any advice on whether I should just submit the app before getting my class grade? I do have a current transcript listed in OptomCAS and was going to send my updated transcript after my summer class grade comes in.

Members don't see this ad.

I would wait until you can send your updated transcripts! I took a class that I want to update and I'll have to send all new transcripts once my class is done. I wish I would have waited to save money because official transcripts aren't free haha! You are still considered early all the way up until September-October!

Reactions: 1 user
I would wait until you can send your updated transcripts! I took a class that I want to update and I'll have to send all new transcripts once my class is done. I wish I would have waited to save money because official transcripts aren't free haha! You are still considered early all the way up until September-October!
Okay I see! Do you have to send updated transcripts to each individual program after you submit? Or just one updated transcript to OptomCAS?

Okay I see! Do you have to send updated transcripts to each individual program after you submit? Or just one updated transcript to OptomCAS?
I am not totally sure because I have not done it myself yet, but I would try to see if the individual programs will take your unofficial transcripts because that would be cheaper. I am not totally sure though!

Reactions: 1 user