OptomCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dakop001

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone's OptomCAS application has been mailed out to their designated schools? And if so, on what date?

Thanks everyone. :)

Members don't see this ad.

On optomcas, it doesn't say mine have been mailed out. I read that they are mailed out every thursday. However, 2 schools emailed me today saying they received my optomcas application...even though on optomcas it says they haven't been mailed out. I tthink that is kinda weird.

On optomcas, it doesn't say mine have been mailed out. I read that they are mailed out every thursday. However, 2 schools emailed me today saying they received my optomcas application...even though on optomcas it says they haven't been mailed out. I tthink that is kinda weird.

If you don't mind me asking, when did you officially e-submitted everything?

Members don't see this ad :)

Yes, same thing with me. I already received an email from a school with their supplemental essay questions. Once they receive all the stuff from OptomCAS, they will send me the link for where I should submit my supplemental essays.
I submitted my OptomCAS on July 10th, but my transcripts have still not been received by them. :(

I e-submitted on July 10th. But I had my transcripts, gpa calculated, and letters done before I submitted.

@dakop001 what schools did you apply to that u already got an email for supplemental?

I e-submitted on July 10th. But I had my transcripts, gpa calculated, and letters done before I submitted.

@dakop001 what schools did you apply to that u already got an email for supplemental?

I received it from NOVA

hmmm I applied to Nova too but I haven't heard anything from they yet.
I also checked optomcas just now and it still says they haven't mailed out my apps.

The thing is, OptomCAS is a very primitive system as yet.. they really need to overhaul that sucker over the next few years because I do not like it.. It's simple, yes, but kind of primitive.

The thing is, OptomCAS is a very primitive system as yet.. they really need to overhaul that sucker over the next few years because I do not like it.. It's simple, yes, but kind of primitive.

i agree, I'm not a fan of OptomCAS. Honestly, the only thing it's useful for is to have all your extracurriculars/ optometric work/ volunteering in one place . Other than that, we have to send our OAT scores separately, our transcripts separately, etc... for some people, their gpa is calculated within days of receiving their transcripts, and others it takes several weeks :mad:

any update on optomcas?>

none for me. I still think it is a weird thing that some schools contacted me already but some haven't. btw what is the essay for nova?

Schools have access to your OptomCas application the moment you submit it. Some schools may wait for the official application to be mailed to them to ensure everything is correct before inviting you (transcripts, LORs, ect.), but others may send out invites immediately based on what they see.

how long does it usually take to mail out the application from optomcas?

edit:: I called optomcas, the first mailing will be this Thursday ;)

Last edited:
Thanks for the update, tbair200! Excited that I'm finally verified!

Just checked OptomCAS, mine was mailed today!!! :) Let's keep each other updated with when we receive secondaries and interview invites!

how long does it usually take to mail out the application from optomcas?

edit:: I called optomcas, the first mailing will be this Thursday ;)

Just checked OptomCAS, mine was mailed today!!! :) Let's keep each other updated with when we receive secondaries and interview invites!
:) okay. mine was mailed today as well!

btw did you already send nova ur oat scores? I'm wondering if that is why I haven't heard from them yet.

:) okay. mine was mailed today as well!

btw did you already send nova ur oat scores? I'm wondering if that is why I haven't heard from them yet.

Yes, my scores were sent from the 1st time I took the OAT . I am retaking the OAT though in August.