Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Was walking past the TV and they just happen to be doing a story on optometry.
The story is not on their website yet but it may be on later (wchstv.com).
Keep in mind that I didn't get to see the entire story but here is what I heard. Some info. below may not be accurate as I was busy going in and out of the room.
The story talked about a legislation that could allow optometrists in WV to practice lasik (or some type of procedure). Currently only Oklahoma doctors can perform lasik. They interviewed an opthalmologist and he didn't seem to happy with the idea. His excuse what that optometrist do not have enough training and that its an issue of public safety. He said that if optometrists wanted to practice lasik, there is a medical school that they could attend. Then they interviewed an optometrist who said that what the opthomalogists said was offensive or something similar to that.
Basically the opthalmologist came off sounding like opthalmologists are better than optometrist.
If I can find the story I'll post it here.
The story is not on their website yet but it may be on later (wchstv.com).
Keep in mind that I didn't get to see the entire story but here is what I heard. Some info. below may not be accurate as I was busy going in and out of the room.
The story talked about a legislation that could allow optometrists in WV to practice lasik (or some type of procedure). Currently only Oklahoma doctors can perform lasik. They interviewed an opthalmologist and he didn't seem to happy with the idea. His excuse what that optometrist do not have enough training and that its an issue of public safety. He said that if optometrists wanted to practice lasik, there is a medical school that they could attend. Then they interviewed an optometrist who said that what the opthomalogists said was offensive or something similar to that.
Basically the opthalmologist came off sounding like opthalmologists are better than optometrist.
If I can find the story I'll post it here.