Optometry Interview Questions to ask

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

optoguy123

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,
just in general, what would be some good questions to ask during an interview with optometry schools? i have an interview at MCPHS soon so any ideas?
 
I'm not the type of person to want to ask the cliche questions so mine were a little different than what the interviewer was used to-- whether that worked to my advantage or not, I'm not sure, but they were questions I was interested in knowing the answer to. I'm interested in an ocular disease residency, so I asked what the strangest case they've seen was. This made them actually have to rack their brains, and I think they enjoyed that it wasn't a "normal" question. I also asked if they had the chance would they choose optometry again, and what the most rewarding part of their career has been. Those are a little more normal, but I hope they were more refreshing nonetheless.