Optometry Residency

Started by caliopt23
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

caliopt23

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone here know anything about doing a year of residency. I'm looking into doing a residency as an option, since I really want to return to southern CA and I know that finding a job there as a new grad may become impossible in the upcoming years. I'm just curious to see how competitive it is to land one of the few CA spots (I think there's ~ 20 spots in CA).
Thanks
 
"Competitive" is a pretty general term. Since optometry residencies work by matching, the applicant pool size and how many people are going for each particular residency make each site more or less competitive. You should contact your residency coordinator for more details.