Optometry school GPA requirements ranked

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Canadakid

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all

I am new to the forums so I apologize if this type of thread is frowned upon.

I made some bad choices in my day, and it hurt my GPA. I take full responsibility for it, and now I am back in school increasing it and looking to get into an Opt. school. I've been working very hard, and been improving, but the reality of my GPA not being the best is there. Would anyone be able to give me an idea of which schools may be less strict on GPA requirements vs those that require very high GPA's?

My research has led me to see NOVA, and Salus universities tend to be easier on the GPA requirements. I've also read here and there about the Opt. schools in TX and Arizona.

Thank you in advance...PS, puerto rico is not an option :p

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all

I am new to the forums so I apologize if this type of thread is frowned upon.

I made some bad choices in my day, and it hurt my GPA. I take full responsibility for it, and now I am back in school increasing it and looking to get into an Opt. school. I've been working very hard, and been improving, but the reality of my GPA not being the best is there. Would anyone be able to give me an idea of which schools may be less strict on GPA requirements vs those that require very high GPA's?

My research has led me to see NOVA, and Salus universities tend to be easier on the GPA requirements. I've also read here and there about the Opt. schools in TX and Arizona.

Thank you in advance...PS, puerto rico is not an option :p

Here's a link to the stats from 2 years ago on ASCO : http://www.opted.org/files/public/Profile_of_Entering_Class_2009.pdf

There's a GPA column for general reference. You can also search the "accepted" threads from previous years. Most people list their GPAs in those threads.

I'll leave it to everyone else to jump and tell you about how GPA isn't everything.