Optometry school interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Eyedoctora.2

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone who has recently interviewed at SCO would mind explaining their experience. My interview is next week. I have heard so many good things about the interview process, but it still makes me anxious.

Members don't see this ad.

My interview at SCO was very laid back and conversational. After you check in, the interview will be first. It was closed filed, they just want to get to know you, why optometry, why SCO, concerns you have about optometry, etc. Then, the students will take you on a school tour, then lunch( the bread pudding was amazing), they talked about financial aid during lunch, and that was it. One thing was very overwhelming at first was the amount of security they have there, but they are like the nicest people I have ever met. Good luck, you got this!!

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you so much! I hope you don't mind me asking more questions but how long was your interview? How many questions did your interviewer ask? What was the hardest question that the interviewer asked? Also, where in SCO was the interview? And yes! I'm looking forward to that bread pudding haha

Members don't see this ad :)
The interview itself lasted around 30 minutes, but it just so conversational that it did not feel like 30 minutes. We first went to the 11th floor, then your interviewer will come and get you, it depends there their office is located at. It was about 10-15 questions. I don’t consider any of the questions were hard, I interviewed there 2 weeks ago and it was my fourth interview already, so i was mentally prepared for it. Just let me know if you have any questions.

Reactions: 1 user
What kind of questions did they ask? Other than the basic ones. If you don't mind me asking.