Optometry School Mascots

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bolus jones

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok guys, I know this isn't very educational/academic, but I thought it would be funny for all of us in optometry schools or that have been admitted to optometry schools to come up with a mascot for your optometry school. For instance, if you had a basketball team at your OD school, what would your team be called? If you go to a school such as OSU or IU that already has a mascot, feel free to make up a separate one just for the OD school. Have fun with this one (I don't think there's any possible way that this could turn into a debate about surgery, optometric physicians, or scope of practice). 🙂
 
for example, I don't think anyone would want to face off against the "fighting phoropters" 😀
 
When I interviewed at UAB they told me that there intramural basketball team was the fighting iris!! hahah! :laugh:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,

I always nicknamed my intramural teams the Fightin' Eye-Rash. Nobody ever wants to go up against an eye rash...

Tom
 
LAphakers (i.e. LA Lakers) was one of the teams in the basketball tournament at SCCO.
 
Fighting Canniliculi --- Can I lick ya whaaaa??? Eye.

sorry inside joke... guess you had to be there.