Optometry School Mascots

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bolus jones

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok guys, I know this isn't very educational/academic, but I thought it would be funny for all of us in optometry schools or that have been admitted to optometry schools to come up with a mascot for your optometry school. For instance, if you had a basketball team at your OD school, what would your team be called? If you go to a school such as OSU or IU that already has a mascot, feel free to make up a separate one just for the OD school. Have fun with this one (I don't think there's any possible way that this could turn into a debate about surgery, optometric physicians, or scope of practice). :)

Members don't see this ad.

for example, I don't think anyone would want to face off against the "fighting phoropters" :D

When I interviewed at UAB they told me that there intramural basketball team was the fighting iris!! hahah! :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
UHCO has a fighting iris team too. (intramural volleyball) There's also Notorious IOP.

Hey guys,

I always nicknamed my intramural teams the Fightin' Eye-Rash. Nobody ever wants to go up against an eye rash...

Tom

LAphakers (i.e. LA Lakers) was one of the teams in the basketball tournament at SCCO.

Fighting Canniliculi --- Can I lick ya whaaaa??? Eye.

sorry inside joke... guess you had to be there.