Optometry school response..

simm152

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
If optomcas verified my application Sept 2. how long should it be before I here back from schools on whether or not my application is good enough for an interview?

Members don't see this ad.

I think it really depends on the school? Not completely sure. I'm just saying that because mine hasn't been verified yet (waiting for a last rec letter), but the director of admissions for SCO already contacted me saying that he's reviewed both my supplemental and optomCAS apps. He just can't consider me for an interview until optomCAS has "officially" verified it.

Thank you for your response! How was SCO able to review your application if you had not yet submitted it to optomcas?

No problem! I paid my app fees and submitted my OptomCAS already, but I had parts of it that weren't complete when I submitted it. Mainly OptomCAS hadn't received my transcripts yet, and I had a couple of LORs that weren't submitted to OptomCAS yet either. So I was still on the "Awaiting Materials" part under "Program Status." So apparently your OptomCAS app doesn't need to be "verified" in order for schools to be able to access it and view it. It looks like you just need to have it submitted. Hope that kinda helps! I'm still not sure about your original question on how long it takes schools to contact you after your app has been verified because mine is still being verified. Anyone else know who's gotten interviews/accepted yet?