Optometry School

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cali21

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have recently graduated from CS Long Beach with a bachelor's in biology (GPA of 3.4). I am considering going to optometry school and would like some advice. I have friends who are in med school, vet school, and pharmacy who study 24/7 and still barely pass their classes. However, most of them are in foreign universities. I know that optometry school is just as challenging, but I'm determined to be in the healthcare profession. Realistically though I'm just so nervous that I won't be able to pass the classes. Are there any people who are attending SCCO that can share their experience? Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,
I have recently graduated from CS Long Beach with a bachelor's in biology (GPA of 3.4). I am considering going to optometry school and would like some advice. I have friends who are in med school, vet school, and pharmacy who study 24/7 and still barely pass their classes. However, most of them are in foreign universities. I know that optometry school is just as challenging, but I'm determined to be in the healthcare profession. Realistically though I'm just so nervous that I won't be able to pass the classes. Are there any people who are attending SCCO that can share their experience? Thanks so much!

Why does optometry interest you? Is it that you just want to be a "health professional"? No professional school is without its rigors, but I think you first need to hone in on a specific career interest. You should possibly shadow some health professionals to see if it is something you want to commit $100K+ in debt and a possible 30yr career....