optometry trivia question

Started by drbizzaro
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

drbizzaro

Varilux/Essilor Advocate
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Q:What are some serious ocular findings (ie. not corneal arcus) that can co-exist in a patient who is able to achieve 20/20 OU when refracted?

just for fun...
 
Open angle glaucoma, horshoe retinal tears, atrophic retinal holes, pseudotumor cerebri- (^CSF in brain)......HTN retinopathies, diabetic retinopathies.......... want more?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Central serous is a good one I came across in clinic.
 
Here's a biggie: early retinal detachment in the periphery
 
I'd bet the 20/20 disease list is as long or longer than the not 20/20 list.

yeah, but I just wanted to get students thinking about the diseases that can co-exist with the finding of 20/20. I remember one student telling another that if you find 20/20, you can be sure that nothing is wrong! Can you believe that? 😱
 
-Many of the gamut of binocular vision disorders
-Not exactly serious, but everyone's favorite (soon-to-be favorite, or inevitably favorite), presbyopia.

Both of which may seriously impact a person's life from childhood to adulthood depending on management or treatment.