optometry

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
...and don't leave your contacts in for 2 weeks straight either...
 
cpw said:
Two weeks!? that's nothing. I see people who leave in the sample contacts given at their last visit for an entire year!
I had a patient do that once with AV2's. When she came back in the following year, the lenses were green. Not just a little green either. They looked like the old Focus SoftColors Evergreen. It was the most disgusting pair of lenses I have ever seen. The fact that nothing serious happened to her eyes was amazing. Rather than having her discard those lenses I told her I was taking them to show all my contact lens patients the hazards of non-compliance. There's nothing like a moldy looking lens to scare a patient into compliance.
 
Ben Chudner said:
I had a patient do that once with AV2's. When she came back in the following year, the lenses were green. Not just a little green either. They looked like the old Focus SoftColors Evergreen. It was the most disgusting pair of lenses I have ever seen. The fact that nothing serious happened to her eyes was amazing. Rather than having her discard those lenses I told her I was taking them to show all my contact lens patients the hazards of non-compliance. There's nothing like a moldy looking lens to scare a patient into compliance.

ewwww !! :scared: That's plain nasty, Ben !