Oral Board Review

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gracie97

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi- I'm trying to decide between the AAEM and the ICEP courses for oral board review. I'm currently in Chicago so they're both equally convenient for me and wondered if anyone else has any recommendations?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi- I'm trying to decide between the AAEM and the ICEP courses for oral board review. I'm currently in Chicago so they're both equally convenient for me and wondered if anyone else has any recommendations?

I took the AAEM course in Chicago. It was very helpful to get used to the logistics of the exam. The cases were either comparable or harder than the ones on the real examination in my opinion. The review book they send to you was not as good as other materials I had at home and so I would not recommend its use personally, but the course is very good.

I did PaAcep which was ok. the cases were def much harder than the real thing. I think they would have benefited from about 30 minutes of lecture on how to take the test but they didnt.

Overall it was good and am super glad I did it. I think a review course is a huge help.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did the AAEM course (in Orlando, not Chicago) but it was very representative of the real thing, and agree with Thymeless regarding the difficulty of the cases.

It was worth it, IMHO. (I didn't bother reading the book - just getting the mind around the way to play the game was the key part.)

Didn't take AAEM; did ICEP.

It's in the same hotel, same setup, hard cases. Thought it was good; passed oral boards. d=)

If "knowing your environment" is important, then ICEP might be better.

-t

I did PaAcep which was ok. the cases were def much harder than the real thing. I think they would have benefited from about 30 minutes of lecture on how to take the test but they didnt.

Overall it was good and am super glad I did it. I think a review course is a huge help.

The PaACEP course has added some test taking strategies and time to address how to take the test. (Took it April '11 in Las Vegas).

Course is helpful and agree that the cases in the course were much harder than the real deal. :thumbup: