oral boards optics section

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

biotechdoc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I failed the oral boards.

I specifically think that I didn't do well on the optics section. Instead of cases, my preparation was geared more towards short answers.

Does anyone have any good recommendations for resources for the optics section of the oral boards?

Members don't see this ad.

I used the cases from the following books: Pemberton, Friedman (Case Reviews in Ophthalmology), and Luviano (Ophthalmology Oral Board Review). If you PM me your email address I can also share a detailed PowerPoint specifically for optics on the oral boards.

I used last minute optics

I would have thought that it would be hard to fail the boards by not doing well in optics... I thought you fail by missing something that could kill or blind the patient... it’s hard to kill someone by prescribing them the wrong glasses.

Members don't see this ad :)
I used last minute optics

I would have thought that it would be hard to fail the boards by not doing well in optics... I thought you fail by missing something that could kill or blind the patient... it’s hard to kill someone by prescribing them the wrong glasses.
Hyperopic shift from an orbital tumor? Acquired cyl from ciliary body melanoma?

True true. Ok. I’m glad I passed.

I took photos of all the slides from Osler where he went through the most common problems, then memorized all the scenarios. And regurgitated the problem solving for any questions I got. Hate optics with a passion.

Reactions: 1 user