Oral Med Current Residents

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mushroomfairy

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello! I'm a current dental student. I'm looking to connect with current oral med residents. I'm especially interested in the Carolinas 3 year program. If anyone would be willing to chat, I'd really appreciate it 🙂
 
I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone inquire about oral medicine

What exactly do they do?
It is a relatively small specialty. I like to think of them as anything in the mouth that is not (but also at the same is) the teeth. They manage things like pemphigus/pemphigoid, TMD and other facial pain, lichen planus, etc. It is more considered a sub-specialty of dentistry, so many oral medicine graduates practice as general dentists with focus on some of the other things I mentioned.