Orangutan prefers blondes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cheska

Monkey Power!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I saw this one in the lounge and it cracked me up. I used to work with a male orangutan who had a thing for tall blondes (he never told me if he liked tattoos or not)- lucky for me I am a short blonde, so we were just friends! :laugh:

Orangutan prefers blondes
Fri Oct 5, 2007 3:46pm EDT

AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - Sibu the Orangutan has miffed his Dutch keepers by refusing to mate with females and showing sexual interest only in tattooed human blondes.

Apenheul Primate Park hoped Sibu would become its breeding male when he arrived two years ago, but orangutans aren't his type.

"He chases them, or ignores them, but he doesn't do what he should do," said a spokeswoman for the park.

Instead, Sibu fancies his female keepers, especially blondes. That, the spokeswoman said, was common for orangutans but Sibu has a fetish for tattoos, harking back to a heavily tattooed keeper who reared him.

"orangutans have special interests in special subjects. Sibu happens to like tattoos," she said.

The park hasn't given up on Sibu, 31. He showed an amorous interest in a female Orangutan while living in England and keepers hope he will find love when reunited with her in a new enclosure in Chester, England.

© Reuters2007All rights reserved

Members don't see this ad.

I used to work with Rhesus primates and one in particular loved to watch movies with beautiful women in them. His favorite movie was 'Bring It On', he loved the cheerleaders and would crazy whenever I put the movie in. He used to lay on his side watch his movie and toss popcorn into his mouth.

Members don't see this ad :)
I used to work with Rhesus primates and one in particular loved to watch movies with beautiful women in them. His favorite movie was 'Bring It On', he loved the cheerleaders and would crazy whenever I put the movie in. He used to lay on his side watch his movie and toss popcorn into his mouth.

Are you serious!? That's hilarious!!!:lol:

That is just TOO weird. I knew a woman who worked at the zoo and found that one of the primates (dont remember what kind) was *really* into her, so she did a statistics project recording how he reacted to other blondes and lo and behold-he really preferred blonde women to anyone else. She is now in her 2nd year at Mississippi school of vet med!

That specific behavior helps explain how a recessive trait (blond hair) was not eliminated from the human gene pool... because it's darn awesome! :)

someone should do a study to see if they like natural blondes or if he's ok with bleach blondes. lol. maybe i could make that my senior project...if only i knew an orangutan. lol

someone should do a study to see if they like natural blondes or if he's ok with bleach blondes. lol. maybe i could make that my senior project...if only i knew an orangutan. lol

Yeah I hang out with a real ape if you know what I mean (my best friend's boyfriend) and let me tell you they all prefer bleached. Lol :laugh:

Yeah I hang out with a real ape if you know what I mean (my best friend's boyfriend) and let me tell you they all prefer bleached. Lol :laugh:

Top or bottom patch?:D

that is a really great idea- honestly!! i hate bleach blondes! maybe my monkey brothers will too!
(btw- i know more men that hate bleach blondes then those that like it)