orascoptic problems

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xtra333

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi sdners,
I purchased an orascoptic loupe back in November before thanksgiving. They originally told me they were going to be here this week. However, only when I checked my order status today via the phone did they tell me that the loupes have been delayed until middle of January shipped to me. I got mad at them for not notifying the customers in advance. they only offered to upgrade my shipping. Therefore, I was wondering whether I should cancel my order and go with another vendor. Anyone else has this problem before with orascoptic?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi sdners,
I purchased an orascoptic loupe back in November before thanksgiving. They originally told me they were going to be here this week. However, only when I checked my order status today via the phone did they tell me that the loupes have been delayed until middle of January shipped to me. I got mad at them for not notifying the customers in advance. they only offered to upgrade my shipping. Therefore, I was wondering whether I should cancel my order and go with another vendor. Anyone else has this problem before with orascoptic?

I've worn orascoptic loupes now for about 8 years and have been very satisfied with their quality and also customer service.

Delays happen sometimes, trust me when I say that if you go into general practice that on many an occasion will you have to tell a patient that sometime wasn't delivered from the lab on time or the main supply vendor was out of stock of something. It's just an unfortunate fact of life sometimes.

Could Orascoptic have handled things better, sure. But in reality could another vendor get you measured and have a pair delivered before your orascoptics will arrive? Who knows with the holidays coming up in the next week......

Hi sdners,

Did you get your loupes yet? I placed an order with them on Dec 1 and I've been calling almost every week and yesterday they told me it won't ship for another two weeks. The rep didn't input my order into their system until Dec 25 so I'm more than upset with them.