Orbita

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted697535

http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(17)32714-9/fulltext

In patients with medically treated angina and severe coronary stenosis, PCI did not increase exercise time by more than the effect of a placebo procedure. The efficacy of invasive procedures can be assessed with a placebo control, as is standard for pharmacotherapy.

Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(17)32714-9/fulltext

In patients with medically treated angina and severe coronary stenosis, PCI did not increase exercise time by more than the effect of a placebo procedure. The efficacy of invasive procedures can be assessed with a placebo control, as is standard for pharmacotherapy.

Thoughts?

Doesn’t seem too ground breaking given the COURAGE trial, but the fact they did a sham procedure at least increases the validity of what was likely already known. Some interventionalist point to target therapy ie FAME but FAME 2 wasn’t super convincing....

No more yachts for the heart doctors?
If they want to make money they gotta stay up all night like us fools. Assuming most stemis come in overnight

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah but what if i PCI 5 different stents 5 different times to the same artery?!?!? That must help something, like my kids' trust fund.

yeah but what if i PCI 5 different stents 5 different times to the same artery?!?!? That must help something, like my kids' trust fund.

One of the hospitals I rotated through as an intern had a notoriously aggressive interventional cardiologist. He would pull that full metal jacket crap all the time - stenting multi vessel disease, left mains, you name it. The CT surgeons came to dislike him so much that they ended up naming that tiny 30g de-airing needle after him ‘cuz it was “Just a little prick.”

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the hospitals I rotated through as an intern had a notoriously aggressive interventional cardiologist. He would pull that full metal jacket crap all the time - stunting multi vessel disease, left mains, you name it. The CT surgeons came to dislike him so much that they ended up naming that tiny 30g de-airing needle after him ‘cuz it was “Just a little prick.”

God what a *****