order of importance...for those that have taken the dat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Three-Oh

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those that have taken the dat - can you tell the rest of us what you think should be studied the most? This is what I think:

1) Biology
2) Gen Chem
3) PAT
4) QR
5) O Chem
6) RC

This is just my take on things (I havn't even taken the dat yet). But for those of you you have taken the dat, how does your order of importance (in terms of study time) compare to mine? From a lot of comments, I decided to drop O Chem, since a lot of you say it's easier (having said that, a lot of you have above 3.5 GPA's and above 20's AA! So I'm really not sure what to believe! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Three-Oh said:
For those that have taken the dat - can you tell the rest of us what you think should be studied the most? This is what I think:

1) Biology
2) Gen Chem
3) PAT
4) QR
5) O Chem
6) RC

This is just my take on things (I havn't even taken the dat yet). But for those of you you have taken the dat, how does your order of importance (in terms of study time) compare to mine? From a lot of comments, I decided to drop O Chem, since a lot of you say it's easier (having said that, a lot of you have above 3.5 GPA's and above 20's AA! So I'm really not sure what to believe! Thanks!

1.gen chem
2. PAT
3. Biology
4. QR
5. O chem6
6. RC

I was close to not even answering this question... because if you had a hard time in O chem then you probably should put more time into that. If you got A's in O chem then I wouldnt worry about it. I didnt even look at O chem because I got A's. And I did fine. But I forgot a lot of gen chem and needed to review a lot. QR seemed to be challenging if you dont put time into it. So that is what I have to say.
I got a 22AA 21 PAT ... seemed to work for me.
:cool:

natroncb said:
1.gen chem
2. PAT
3. Biology
4. QR
5. O chem6
6. RC

I was close to not even answering this question... because if you had a hard time in O chem then you probably should put more time into that. If you got A's in O chem then I wouldnt worry about it. I didnt even look at O chem because I got A's. And I did fine. But I forgot a lot of gen chem and needed to review a lot. QR seemed to be challenging if you dont put time into it. So that is what I have to say.
I got a 22AA 21 PAT ... seemed to work for me.
:cool:

Nice work tron - it's easy to see why life is good for you! For me, life is like a box of chocolates, I never know what I'm gonna get! I can't wait to take the DAT - and hopefully score like you. BTW, with those kinds of figures on the DAT, do you score more often?

Nice Work Again! Any free advice you can give me on the DAT?

Three-Oh said:
Nice work tron - it's easy to see why life is good for you! For me, life is like a box of chocolates, I never know what I'm gonna get! I can't wait to take the DAT - and hopefully score like you. BTW, with those kinds of figures on the DAT, do you score more often?

Nice Work Again! Any free advice you can give me on the DAT?

Hmmm, well considering I am married I "scored" big time after bringing home the bacon with a 22AA (haha).

In all honesty my trick was to over-prepare. I asked everything I could on this website to get an understanding of the difficulty of the test (similar/easier than topscore). I also took tons of practice tests... and then retook them... and the re-took them...etc. I made sure I knew why I got the problem wrong and then re took it. I practice PAT a ton... I used the MAP method for RC. And then I had a lot of luck in my corner.... but luck favors the prepared! :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
study the sciences & pat. once you get to the high end of the sciences (bio/chem/ochem), getting an extra question can raise your over all score by 1 point. if you have the ada dat application booklet, you can look at how each section is scored.

natroncb said:
Hmmm, well considering I am married I "scored" big time after bringing home the bacon with a 22AA (haha).

In all honesty my trick was to over-prepare. I asked everything I could on this website to get an understanding of the difficulty of the test (similar/easier than topscore). I also took tons of practice tests... and then retook them... and the re-took them...etc. I made sure I knew why I got the problem wrong and then re took it. I practice PAT a ton... I used the MAP method for RC. And then I had a lot of luck in my corner.... but luck favors the prepared! :cool:
the MAP for RC worked for you?!?!??!! about how long did it take you to get the map down? because it sure aint workin for mee -=T