Order of Importance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KHANSAHAAB

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Can someone please put the following sources of DAT preperation in order of most helpful/similar to real DAT to the least helpful: Topscore, DAT Achievar, Barron's, Kaplan and Ace the DAT.

P.S. Im using Kaplan as my main study tool but I also want to supplement what I get from Kaplan with other sources.

Thanks to all

Members don't see this ad.

TopScore - I've heard it's the BEST

DAT Acheiver and Ace the DAT - Are they worth getting?

Kaplan Big Book (Blue) - I think it's good to know inside/out

fannian said:
TopScore - I've heard it's the BEST

DAT Acheiver and Ace the DAT - Are they worth getting?

Kaplan Big Book (Blue) - I think it's good to know inside/out

I like Topscore...its a good program...dat achiever's best quality is the PAT b/c they have three dimensional soltions that you can rotate around, check out the demo for it

great question! i would like to know the answer also if anyone is willing to share...

Members don't see this ad :)
KHANSAHAAB said:
Hey guys,

Can someone please put the following sources of DAT preperation in order of most helpful/similar to real DAT to the least helpful: Topscore, DAT Achievar, Barron's, Kaplan and Ace the DAT.

P.S. Im using Kaplan as my main study tool but I also want to supplement what I get from Kaplan with other sources.

Thanks to all
I think Topscore and Kaplan about the same in helpfulness and then DAT Achiever. Do not bother with Ace the DAT unless you got some money to spend and are mostly going to use for QR and PAT. Ace the DAT has a multitude of errors in the science sections and is useless. I have not tried the others so I don’t know how they stack up to these. I would also recommend that you supplement the Kaplan bio section with Kaplan's AP bio review.
Hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything else.

cowsgomoo said:
I think Topscore and Kaplan about the same in helpfulness and then DAT Achiever. Do not bother with Ace the DAT unless you got some money to spend and are mostly going to use for QR and PAT. Ace the DAT has a multitude of errors in the science sections and is useless. I have not tried the others so I don’t know how they stack up to these. I would also recommend that you supplement the Kaplan bio section with Kaplan's AP bio review.
Hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks alot for the info. One more question: where can I get Kaplans AP bio review?

IMO, Topscore in indespensable, both in its coverage and getting you aquanted with how to take the test.

Also, Shaum's Outlines are great books.

KHANSAHAAB said:
Thanks alot for the info. One more question: where can I get Kaplans AP bio review?

You should be able to find the book in any book store.

I'm looking for more worthwhile practice exams on the web - I have topscore and Kaplan and Barron's.

I wanted to know whether www.datprofessor.com was worth buying? It claims to have 12 exams - are answers and detailed solutions provided? Are the exams on point with the Kaplan and Topscore practice exams, or do they come from left field?

Thanks alot!

IcemanDDS said:
All I've used so far in preparation is Kaplan, Topscore, and www.datprofessor.com I havnt used the other prep stuff based on what others have said. :rolleyes:

All the exams on datprofessor were helpful except PAT. Some of them are awkward looking and some incorrect im sure. When they say 12 exams, they mean 4 nat science, 4 QR, 2 PAT, 2 RC. Not 12 full lenth exams. But they are just another source of practice. Yes they do explain all the answers.

IcemanDDS said:
All the exams on datprofessor were helpful except PAT. Some of them are awkward looking and some incorrect im sure. When they say 12 exams, they mean 4 nat science, 4 QR, 2 PAT, 2 RC. Not 12 full lenth exams. But they are just another source of practice. Yes they do explain all the answers.

Did you learn a lot from their reading tests?!!!!!!!! ;)

dat_student said:
Did you learn a lot from their reading tests?!!!!!!!! ;)
I only did the nat science and QR practice tests. I tried a PAT and I wasnt too impressed. The only RC practice I did were the 3 tests in the big kaplan book, and topscore.

IcemanDDS said:
I only did the nat science and QR practice tests. I tried a PAT and I wasnt too impressed. The only RC practice I did were the 3 tests in the big kaplan book, and topscore.

May I ask what scores you got for the 3 tests in the kaplan book? (Approximately, if you remember)