1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Order of Operation

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by BrianU, May 17, 2002.

1. BrianU

BrianU Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Out of the 4 categories (i.e., Physics, Inorganic Chem, Biology, Organic Chem. ) in what order did you study them and why?

Just curious...

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. lady bug

7+ Year Member

Doesn't really matter, you have to get them all done anyway. I studied physical sciences over my winter break because I was gonna take the april MCAT, but didn't end up taking it...so I've forgotten most of it. Now I'm going over Bio....pretty soon I'm gonna get those verbal passages going cause that is my weakest area.

4. BrianU

BrianU Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Thank you for the input!

5. Doctora Foxy

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I studied them in the order in which they are tested, alternating every week. Why? Because that's how Kaplan wanted it! :p

6. RLMD

RLMD blah
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I studied chemistry first and the most often because I took it freshman year and forgot most of it. Then I went to Biology, and then Organic since I took those sophomore year and they were still relatively fresh. Physics I studied last and spent the least time on because I was taking it my junior year, in time for the april test, the one that just passed. Everytime I finished a section though, I would review the other sections I studied right after it. After a while this didnt take much time because everything became more familiar and I could just concentrate on my weak points from each section.

7. uffda

uffda Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I studied them in parallel -
    Tue=Bio
    Wed=Gchem
    Thu=Physics
    Fri=OChem

weekend=practice exams or Practice Items