PCAT Order the Official PCAT Practice Test - Raffle and Product Information

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PCATemployee

Vendor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Order the Official PCAT Practice Test

Pearson, Inc. will be giving away Official PCAT Practice Tests to three lucky members. Winners for each raffle will be drawn from among the members who post questions about the product or otherwise meaningfully contribute to the discussion.

The Official PCAT Practice Test was developed by the publishing company that develops and administers the actual PCAT exam. Items are drawn from the same item bank as the actual PCAT exam and aligned to the current test structure.

Over 80% of the items have appeared on actual test forms, and all have been written specifically for the PCAT exam.

The Practice Test includes:
  • Detailed descriptions of the Writing subtest, including sample essays that illustrate each score point.
  • Five PCAT multiple-choice subtests, with correct answers and explanations for each item, and a timer provided if you choose to simulate timed conditions like the actual PCAT exam.
  • A separate printable Diagnostic Report for each of the five multiple-choice subtests and for the Composite score (the five multi-choice sections combined).
Examinees who took the Official PCAT Practice Test:
  • Scored higher on the actual PCAT compared to those who have not taken the Official PCAT Practice Test.
  • Showed a significant increase in their scores on their 2nd attempt of the actual PCAT.
The Official PCAT Practice Test is available at www.pcatweb.info.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am going to answer the same question that I have been asking. I am barely getting my associates degree. If I start getting information on the PCAT now will that information still be up to date by the time that I get ready to take it? When exactly am I required to take the PCAT?

I am going to answer the same question that I have been asking. I am barely getting my associates degree. If I start getting information on the PCAT now will that information still be up to date by the time that I get ready to take it? When exactly am I required to take the PCAT?
Thanks for your question. Our suggestion would be to consult early with the dean or admission's counselor in preparing your application to a college or school of pharmacy. The structure of pharmacy programs varies from college to college. Some require one, two or three years of prepharmacy education while others may require a Bachelor's degree and even others integrate curriculum with all years of study in the professional college. Preprofessional education may be taken at any approved junior college or university, and some colleges offer alternative enrollment options, including part-time and year-round classes. Requirements for admission are found on the AACP website.
The PCAT is a pharmacy specific exam. If future changes are implemented, it is with the PCAT Advisory Panel's input from faculty as well as any updates in pharmacy programs curriculum.

Members don't see this ad :)
If we wish to practice the essay portion of the PCAT, is there a way to do so using the Official PCAT Practice Test? I know that we would be able to see sample essays, but is it possible to have someone score our essays for an additional fee maybe?

Will Pearson release Official PCAT Study guide or something like that? I looked around in Pearson website but I couldn't find what topic is covered in biology. It would be very helpful if Pearson could provide us information like that. Thank you!!!!

If we wish to practice the essay portion of the PCAT, is there a way to do so using the Official PCAT Practice Test? I know that we would be able to see sample essays, but is it possible to have someone score our essays for an additional fee maybe?

We are planning to introduce a practice PCAT writing test in the future that will score practice essays, but at the present time we do not offer this service.

Will Pearson release Official PCAT Study guide or something like that? I looked around in Pearson website but I couldn't find what topic is covered in biology. It would be very helpful if Pearson could provide us information like that. Thank you!!!!

Currently we do not have plans to release an Official PCAT Study Guide. For a blueprint of the current PCAT you can refer to the Candidate Information Booklet on our website www.PCATweb.info, page 21.

I checked out the Pearson website and have a question. If we take this test and have it scored, why can't we take it a second time and have it scored? And if I read this correctly, if I purchase this test today, I can review questions until January 11, 2012?

Thanks!
Laura

With your purchase, you will be entitled to five PCAT multiple-choice subtests (not printable), with correct answers and explanations for each question, and a timer is provided if you choose to simulate timed conditions like the actual PCAT. You will also receive a Composite Diagnostic Report summarizing the results of the five Subtest Diagnostic Reports. At any time while using the Practice Test, you may choose to score an individual subtest. Once you choose to score a subtest, you will be able to continue to review the questions and print out a Diagnostic Report as many times as you wish from your date of purchase until the end of the PCAT test cycle, which ends with the January PCAT test date. However, you will not be able to rescore any subtest. No refunds will be granted.

Currently we do not have plans to release an Official PCAT Study Guide. For a blueprint of the current PCAT you can refer to the Candidate Information Booklet on our website www.PCATweb.info, page 21.
Thanks for your reply.

In the previous question, I mean what the specific topic of biology is covered in PCAT. For example: ADA releases a list of topics that is covered in DAT like this:

1. Biology — origin of life; cell metabolism (including photosynthesis); enzymology; thermodynamics; organelle structure and function; biological organization and relationship of major taxa (Monera, angiosperms, arthropods, chordates, etc.) using the five-kingdom system; structure and function of vertebrate systems (integumentary, skeletal, muscular, circulatory, immunological, digestive, respiratory, urinary, nervous, endocrine, and reproductive); fertilization, descriptive embryology, and developmental mechanics; Mendelian inheritance, chromosomal genetics, meiosis, molecular and human genetics; natural selection, population genetics, speciation, population and community ecology, animal behavior (including social behavior).
So where can I find the information for PCAT? Thanks

I checked out the Pearson website and have a question. If we take this test and have it scored, why can't we take it a second time and have it scored? And if I read this correctly, if I purchase this test today, I can review questions until January 11, 2012?

Thanks!
Laura

With your purchase, you will be entitled to five PCAT multiple-choice subtests (not printable), with correct answers and explanations for each question, and a timer is provided if you choose to simulate timed conditions like the actual PCAT. You will also receive a Composite Diagnostic Report summarizing the results of the five Subtest Diagnostic Reports. At any time while using the Practice Test, you may choose to score an individual subtest. Once you choose to score a subtest, you will be able to continue to review the questions and print out a Diagnostic Report as many times as you wish from your date of purchase until the end of the PCAT test cycle, which ends with the January PCAT test date. However, you will not be able to rescore any subtest. No refunds will be granted.

You can only score each practice test one time. If you would like to receive another score, you would need to purchase another practice test.

You are correct in that each practice test purchase is for the entire testing cycle. Therefore, if you were to purchase a practice test today, it would be available for your review until January 2012.

Are these tests the same format as the actual CBT?

You can only score each practice test one time. If you would like to receive another score, you would need to purchase another practice test.

You are correct in that each practice test purchase is for the entire testing cycle. Therefore, if you were to purchase a practice test today, it would be available for your review until January 2012.

Is there an advantage or disadvantage for people who taking their PCAT exams in the beginning of test cycle in comparison to people who take it later or close to the end of cycle?

Thanks for your feedback! There is no advantage or disadvantage of the timeframe that you take the actual PCAT exam, either the beginning or end of the cycle. We have done research and know that our Official Practice Test reveals that:

• Scored higher on the actual PCAT compared to those who have not taken the Official PCAT Practice Test.
  • Showed a significant increase in their scores on their 2nd attempt of the actual PCAT.

Thanks for your feedback!

The Official PCAT Practice test and new computer-based test are in a similar format. The practice test actually contains retired items from previous PCAT exams.

Thanks for your feedback! There is no advantage or disadvantage of the timeframe that you take the actual PCAT exam, either the beginning or end of the cycle. We have done research and know that our Official Practice Test reveals that:

Thank you for your response, I plan on take my PCAT exam this July and I have thought about purchase 3 Pearson's practice exams before I take my first/actual exam.

When do you think would be the best time for me to take those practice exams?

If you are registering for the PCAT in July, we would suggest starting with a practice exam in April. Review the diagnostic score report that will show areas where you may need to study to improve your scores on the actual PCAT exam. The diagnostic score report will help identify strengths and weaknesses. The score report contains composite and percentile scores and is aligned to the current PCAT blueprint and scaled score system.
After you study, then take the next practice exam a few weeks later. Look at your areas of improvement again and then take the final practice test before the July PCAT.
Best wishes on your PCAT!

Can you turn the timer of the subtests off during the practice test?

Thanks for your question. Yes, the timer is provided as optional if you choose to simulate timed conditions of the actual PCAT.

I purchased the practice tests in the past, are there any new practice test available because it seems they're still the same one? Thanks

Hi, I just took your Pcat practice exam. I don't know why my percentile score on ALL sections are a lot lower than my % or correct answers. It's about 30-40% lower in ALL of the section.
For example, in Verbal and Reading, I have 65 % of answers correct. My percentile range is only 22-42%!
In Biology, 50% correct answers= 10-30% in Percentile Score Range!

Why is that?
Please answer ASAP because I'm taking the PCAT really soon, thank you!!