PCAT Order the Official PCAT Practice Test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PCATemployee

Vendor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Pearson, Inc. will be giving away Official PCAT Practice Tests to three lucky members. Winners for each raffle will be drawn from among the members who post questions about the product or otherwise meaningfully contribute to the discussion.

The Official PCAT Practice Test was developed by the publishing company that develops and administers the actual PCAT exam. Items are drawn from the same item bank as the actual PCAT exam and aligned to the current test structure.

Over 80% of the items have appeared on actual test forms, and all have been written specifically for the PCAT exam.

The Practice Test includes:
· Detailed descriptions of the Writing subtest, including sample essays that illustrate each score point.
· Five PCAT multiple-choice subtests, with correct answers and explanations for each item, and a timer provided if you choose to simulate timed conditions like the actual PCAT exam.
· A separate printable Diagnostic Report for each of the five multiple-choice subtests and for the Composite score (the five multi-choice sections combined).

The Official PCAT Practice Test is available at www.pcatweb.info through January, 30, 2009 for the 2008-09 cycle and will be available again for the 2009-10 cycle starting March 1, 2009.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I took the January PCAT and purchased both practice exams. If I purchase the practice exams for the 2009/2010 cycle, are they going to be the same exams that I previously paid for or will they be completely new exams?

Thank you.

i took the january pcat, but i might retake due to the verbal section.
will your practice exams help improve my score in this section?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, they are the same forms; however we are continually developing new forms using retired items from the actual PCAT. We are considering a practice writing test in the future as well; would that be beneficial to you and others?

I took the January PCAT and purchased both practice exams. If I purchase the practice exams for the 2009/2010 cycle, are they going to be the same exams that I previously paid for or will they be completely new exams?

Thank you.

The Official PCAT practice test has been developed by the publisher that develops the actual PCAT exam. Over 80% of the items are drawn from the same item bank as the actual PCAT and aligned to the current test structure. When taking the practice test within the suggested time limits and with no help from anyone or reference materials, the diagnostic report will more likely reflect your performance on the actual PCAT. You may use your scores as guidelines to help you determine which content areas to focus your study.

Thank you.

i took the january pcat, but i might retake due to the verbal section.
will your practice exams help improve my score in this section?

Pearson, Inc. will be giving away Official PCAT Practice Tests to three lucky members. Winners for each raffle will be drawn from among the members who post questions about the product or otherwise meaningfully contribute to the discussion.

The Official PCAT Practice Test was developed by the publishing company that develops and administers the actual PCAT exam. Items are drawn from the same item bank as the actual PCAT exam and aligned to the current test structure.

Over 80% of the items have appeared on actual test forms, and all have been written specifically for the PCAT exam.

The Practice Test includes:
· Detailed descriptions of the Writing subtest, including sample essays that illustrate each score point.
· Five PCAT multiple-choice subtests, with correct answers and explanations for each item, and a timer provided if you choose to simulate timed conditions like the actual PCAT exam.
· A separate printable Diagnostic Report for each of the five multiple-choice subtests and for the Composite score (the five multi-choice sections combined).

The Official PCAT Practice Test is available at www.pcatweb.info through January, 30, 2009 for the 2008-09 cycle and will be available again for the 2009-10 cycle starting March 1, 2009.

I'm on the verge of purchasing this practice test. But I want to make sure I understand my reasons for doing it very well;

1) Are you saying that certain practice questions are likely to appear exactly the same on the actual PCAT exam?

2) For the raffle drawing, when will it be taking place? And is it for the 2008-09 cycle or the 2009-10 cycle?

3) How much different is the 2008-09 cycle from the 2009-10? I mean, is the 2009-10 worth waiting for till March? Because I'm beginning my PCAT preparations/readings/reviews now against the June exam session (that's when I'm taking it). I'm a 1st timer, and I plan to make it that once (a 90th percentile, at least).

In answer to you first question, we only use retired items from the actual PCAT exam. No items from the practice test will appear on a live form.

The raffle guidelines are below as well as on this site:

Entering a Test Prep Week raffle and Claiming a Prize:
  • Winners will be chosen from the members who ask a question about a product, or otherwise meaningfully contribute to the discussion.
  • You may post within each thread as many times as you wish; however, multiple posts will be calculated as one entry per drawing.
  • Although entering more than one raffle is permitted, you will ultimately be eligible to win no more than two products.
  • We will only attempt to ship prizes one time. If an item is lost in transit or not received for any other reason, we will not be able to send a replacement. Additionally, we cannot guarantee shipping to international addresses.
  • Winners will be notified by private message and must agree to the release of their name and address, and/or email to the appropriate exhibitor for shipping purposes. To claim your prize you must respond in 5 days from the time you are notified.
At the time the raffle closes, an eligible member must:
  • have accumulated at least twenty appropriate posts on the professional or pre-professional forums
  • be in an appropriate field of study for the prize, i.e.: a current medical student would not be eligible for DAT prep materials, nor would a pre-medical student be eligible for USMLE materials.
  • not have been subject to serious forum disciplinary action in the past
Yes, if you are referring to the practice test, it will be the same forms for the 2009-2010 cycle; however we are continually developing new forms.

I'm on the verge of purchasing this practice test. But I want to make sure I understand my reasons for doing it very well;

1) Are you saying that certain practice questions are likely to appear exactly the same on the actual PCAT exam?

2) For the raffle drawing, when will it be taking place? And is it for the 2008-09 cycle or the 2009-10 cycle?

3) How much different is the 2008-09 cycle from the 2009-10? I mean, is the 2009-10 worth waiting for till March? Because I'm beginning my PCAT preparations/readings/reviews now against the June exam session (that's when I'm taking it). I'm a 1st timer, and I plan to make it that once (a 90th percentile, at least).

Could you please specify the date/time the raffle will be closing.

In answer to you first question, we only use retired items from the actual PCAT exam. No items from the practice test will appear on a live form.

The raffle guidelines are below as well as on this site:

Entering a Test Prep Week raffle and Claiming a Prize:
  • Winners will be chosen from the members who ask a question about a product, or otherwise meaningfully contribute to the discussion.
  • You may post within each thread as many times as you wish; however, multiple posts will be calculated as one entry per drawing.
  • Although entering more than one raffle is permitted, you will ultimately be eligible to win no more than two products.
  • We will only attempt to ship prizes one time. If an item is lost in transit or not received for any other reason, we will not be able to send a replacement. Additionally, we cannot guarantee shipping to international addresses.
  • Winners will be notified by private message and must agree to the release of their name and address, and/or email to the appropriate exhibitor for shipping purposes. To claim your prize you must respond in 5 days from the time you are notified.
At the time the raffle closes, an eligible member must:
  • have accumulated at least twenty appropriate posts on the professional or pre-professional forums
  • be in an appropriate field of study for the prize, i.e.: a current medical student would not be eligible for DAT prep materials, nor would a pre-medical student be eligible for USMLE materials.
  • not have been subject to serious forum disciplinary action in the past
Yes, if you are referring to the practice test, it will be the same forms for the 2009-2010 cycle; however we are continually developing new forms.

Yes, they are the same forms; however we are continually developing new forms using retired items from the actual PCAT. We are considering a practice writing test in the future as well; would that be beneficial to you and others?

I'm not sure how useful a practice writing test would be. How would it work? I am assuming we would have to attempt to score it ourselves. Would you just be posting a topic and be adding a timer? Would you include a specific scoring rubric with that or would it be the general one you already include? I'm not sure how much value we could get out of it if we have to score it ourselves.

We are considering a practice writing test at this time and the different options that would be available, for example, timer versus no timer; however any practice writing test would be automatically scored by Pearson using the same rubric that scores all live PCAT essays.

I'm not sure how useful a practice writing test would be. How would it work? I am assuming we would have to attempt to score it ourselves. Would you just be posting a topic and be adding a timer? Would you include a specific scoring rubric with that or would it be the general one you already include? I'm not sure how much value we could get out of it if we have to score it ourselves.

The raffle will close on January 30. After Test Prep Week closes SDN will determine the winner of each product raffle and collect winner addresses and contact information. SDN will forward winner information to us for fulfillment approximately one week after Test Prep Week.

Could you please specify the date/time the raffle will be closing.

I feel like a practice writing section would be useful, as it would allow the test taker to actively practice their writing skills on this section.

Thanks a bunch. I guess I'll just have to wait for the PCAT gods of luck to blow a nice air on my side:thumbup:

The raffle will close on January 30. After Test Prep Week closes SDN will determine the winner of each product raffle and collect winner addresses and contact information. SDN will forward winner information to us for fulfillment approximately one week after Test Prep Week.

can i print the practice tests when I purchase PCAT Online?

Also, will i be given a code to take the practice tests? or is it like a membership thing log in and out whenever you want?

can i print the practice tests when I purchase PCAT Online?

Also, will i be given a code to take the practice tests? or is it like a membership thing log in and out whenever you want?

I can answer this one. You can't print out the exam. You have a user id and password and you can log in whenever you want to take the exam. You don't have to take it all at once. You can take it a little at a time if you want. However, once you submit a sub-section for scoring, you can't change the answers anymore but you can still review it and the answers.

Hopefully, all that info is right. I'm sure PCATemployee will correct me if I am wrong.

The practice writing exam does sound useful. Would we have to write it out by hand and mail it in or type it up?

Thank you, that is correct.

I can answer this one. You can't print out the exam. You have a user id and password and you can log in whenever you want to take the exam. You don't have to take it all at once. You can take it a little at a time if you want. However, once you submit a sub-section for scoring, you can't change the answers anymore but you can still review it and the answers.

Hopefully, all that info is right. I'm sure PCATemployee will correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks for your feedback. We are considering a practice writing test at this time and the different options that would be available. The practice writing test would be automatically scored by Pearson, so testing would be computer-based.

The practice writing exam does sound useful. Would we have to write it out by hand and mail it in or type it up?

Thanks for your feedback. We are considering a practice writing test at this time and the different options that would be available. The practice writing test would be automatically scored by Pearson, so testing would be computer-based.

will this practice writing test be available by this summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.