• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Order to take Practice tests??

denttiger

10+ Year Member
May 15, 2006
  1. Pre-Dental
    hey ya'll.. For those of you that have already taken the DAT or some practice tests, is there an order ya'll would recommend I take them in? I know that Acheiver is harder than Topscore so I thought about taking it after but then my pre-health advisor told me to take Topscore last because it is the best indication of how I will perform on the real exam. I just want to get the most out of them. Thanks for any input.

P.S.= I am planning on doing destroyer probably after both of these because people say you need to have a really good understanding before moving on to Destroyer. Is this a good plan?

poc91nc

Membership Revoked
    Removed
    10+ Year Member
    7+ Year Member
    Nov 6, 2006
    1. Dental Student
      Having a good understanding = not sleeping through chem/ochem/bio and making it out with a 3.0 or better

I say...get started right away on destroyer...the destroyer is so much more than just a way to quiz yourself...everything in it is valuable and serves as a study guide as well. Just go through destroyer and make sure you have your textbooks available. Most question you have from destroyer material WILL NOT BE FOUND IN THE KAPLAN BOOK...so you can toss the blue book...or keep it in the bathroom in case you run out of toilet paper.

I think the destroyer is great because it forces you to use your textbooks and really gets you thinking about the material. Hell...some of the material isn't even found in textbooks.

About the Ads

poc91nc

Membership Revoked
      Removed
      10+ Year Member
      7+ Year Member
      Nov 6, 2006
      1. Dental Student
        I know for a fact topscore wasn't updated a year ago....it wouldn't surprise me if they haven't updated their material over the last few years but pretend like they're releasing a new annual addition. Kinda like the kaplan book. Shaddy bastards....

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.