U of MN 2010
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2006
minnesota.facebook.com
Status
Veterinarian
Hi all,

Is there any disadvantage to ordering a stethoscope online vs. buying it on campus or at a medical supply store? I found Littman scopes for nearly $40 less online than in the store, but it feels too good to be true... Anyone done it?

Sweetheart982

Purdue SVM c/o 2010
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2006
Indiana
Status
Other Health Professions Student
StealthDog said:
Hi all,

Is there any disadvantage to ordering a stethoscope online vs. buying it on campus or at a medical supply store? I found Littman scopes for nearly $40 less online than in the store, but it feels too good to be true... Anyone done it?
Hi I bought my Littmann Cardiology III stethoscope from Allheart.com for $125.49 plus shipping which was way less than what my school was offering it to me like $50 less I believe and their website gives you a free accessory kit that you can send in for with your student ID.

And I took the stethoscope to work with me one day (at the vet clinic I work at) and it seemed to work just as good as the stethoscopes that the doctors I work with have, so if you can find a better price somewhere on the internet and save some money, more power to you! saving any money helps!

About the Ads
OP
StealthDog

StealthDog

U of MN 2010
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2006
minnesota.facebook.com
Status
Veterinarian
Yeah, I saw the $125 Littman Cardiology III on Allheart.com (although they are calling that a "sale price"), and found the same one for $136 plus free shipping on http://www.hmint.com/littmann.htm . That works out to be about the same price for either one. They are offering that scope for $170 at school, so $136 is a good deal!

mtrl1

UC Davis Class of 2011
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2006
Boston, MA
Status
Veterinarian
I got a great deal on my Littmann Cardiology III and saved over $70 on the list price.

Orthonut

Garryowen
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2006
Whisky Tango Foxtrot? Over.
Status
Veterinary Student
so long as you stick with a good brand name, usually online is fine-I like littmanns.

Med-vet international is a good website too, they've also got cheap scrubs (great for those midnight calvings and anatomy lab)

www.shopmedvet.com

just use the search function to find what you want (the cheapest scrubs are usually in the clearance section, sometimes you have to hunt a bit but sometimes you can get like $2 or $3 tops and $4 bottoms)

OP
StealthDog

StealthDog

U of MN 2010
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2006
minnesota.facebook.com
Status
Veterinarian
I ended up ordering a Welch-Allyn from Steeles (www.steeles.com), and was very pleased with the order. Fast shipment, great service, and they even offered to send me the student accessory kit (after having received the scope) when I forgot to order from the "Student" section of the site.

About the Ads