Ordering stethoscopes online

Discussion in 'Pre-Veterinary' started by StealthDog, Jul 27, 2006.

1. StealthDog

StealthDog U of MN 2010
    Veterinarian

Veterinarian
    Hi all,

Is there any disadvantage to ordering a stethoscope online vs. buying it on campus or at a medical supply store? I found Littman scopes for nearly $40 less online than in the store, but it feels too good to be true... Anyone done it?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Ranger7

Ranger7 Junior Member

Other Health Professions Student
    Link please :D

4. Sweetheart982

Sweetheart982 Purdue SVM c/o 2010

Other Health Professions Student
    Hi I bought my Littmann Cardiology III stethoscope from Allheart.com for $125.49 plus shipping which was way less than what my school was offering it to me like $50 less I believe and their website gives you a free accessory kit that you can send in for with your student ID.

And I took the stethoscope to work with me one day (at the vet clinic I work at) and it seemed to work just as good as the stethoscopes that the doctors I work with have, so if you can find a better price somewhere on the internet and save some money, more power to you! saving any money helps!

5. StealthDog

StealthDog U of MN 2010
    Veterinarian

Veterinarian
    Yeah, I saw the $125 Littman Cardiology III on Allheart.com (although they are calling that a "sale price"), and found the same one for $136 plus free shipping on http://www.hmint.com/littmann.htm . That works out to be about the same price for either one. They are offering that scope for $170 at school, so $136 is a good deal!

6. laurafinn

Veterinarian
    I bought a Littmann Cardiology III stethoscope from allheart.com and it's just fine, no problems.

7. mtrl1

mtrl1 UC Davis Class of 2011

Veterinarian
    I got a great deal on my Littmann Cardiology III and saved over $70 on the list price.

8. Orthonut

Orthonut Garryowen

Veterinary Student
    so long as you stick with a good brand name, usually online is fine-I like littmanns.

Med-vet international is a good website too, they've also got cheap scrubs (great for those midnight calvings and anatomy lab)

www.shopmedvet.com

just use the search function to find what you want (the cheapest scrubs are usually in the clearance section, sometimes you have to hunt a bit but sometimes you can get like $2 or $3 tops and $4 bottoms)

9. StealthDog

StealthDog U of MN 2010
    Veterinarian

Veterinarian
    I ended up ordering a Welch-Allyn from Steeles (www.steeles.com), and was very pleased with the order. Fast shipment, great service, and they even offered to send me the student accessory kit (after having received the scope) when I forgot to order from the "Student" section of the site.