Oregon State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureRPh

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So far I have only heard from 1 person who are applying to OSU. Did everyone apply to Pacific instead or apply to both? I was just wondering if anyone was applying to OSU? There have been a lot of responses to Pacific threads but only one to my OSU threads. I know OSU is more difficult to get accepted to but I feel it is a EXCELLENT program. Well good luck to everyone! GO BEAVERS!:)

Members don't see this ad.

So far I have only heard from 1 person who are applying to OSU. Did everyone apply to Pacific instead or apply to both? I was just wondering if anyone was applying to OSU? There have been a lot of responses to Pacific threads but only one to my OSU threads. I know OSU is more difficult to get accepted to but I feel it is a EXCELLENT program. Well good luck to everyone! GO BEAVERS!:)

Hmm.. I'm sure there are more people out there that applied to OSU but maybe not so many on SDN? I don't know.. But for myself, I didn't meet the min science gpa for out-of-state applicants so I didn't bother. :( I did apply to Pacific U though.

I applied to OSU, but not Pacific. I agree that OSU has a good program and the two years at OHSU gives it strength for those wanting to work in the hospital setting. I turned my supplemental application in around Thanksgiving and I haven't heard anything beyond the fact that they received it. How about you? Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an interview at OSU coming up soon, but I turned my application in as early decision and it was rolled over to general application. I am with you in that the program has excellent opportunities to gain experience as a clinical pharmacist because of the ties with OHSU. I love that it is an in-state program. Good luck to you as well. If you have any questions (not that I have the answers but I could try) feel free to ask.

I applied to OSU, but not Pacific. I agree that OSU has a good program and the two years at OHSU gives it strength for those wanting to work in the hospital setting. I turned my supplemental application in around Thanksgiving and I haven't heard anything beyond the fact that they received it. How about you? Good luck!

It is only one year at OHSU campus just to clarify. The 3rd year we go to OHSU and then the summer after 3rd year, we start clerkships throughout Oregon or wherever you set them up at.

I did not apply to Pacific because 1) I would have to take the other anatomy series that my school offers and 2) I'm not sure I want to spend 3 years year-round in Portland. I'm not in any big hurry to graduate a year early :)

I did not apply to Pacific because 1) I would have to take the other anatomy series that my school offers and 2) I'm not sure I want to spend 3 years year-round in Portland. I'm not in any big hurry to graduate a year early :)

I agree with you 100% on this!

I applied to Pacific and I started the application process to OSU but then I realized that they require a lot of upper division Zoology courses that I did not have.....therefore, I had to withdraw my application from OSU. I did get an interview for Pacific and I am ecstatic!!! :hardy:

I applied to Pacific and I started the application process to OSU but then I realized that they require a lot of upper division Zoology courses that I did not have.....therefore, I had to withdraw my application from OSU. I did get an interview for Pacific and I am ecstatic!!! :hardy:

Well congrats to you. As a side note though I never took a single course of zoology and if you look on the OSU website from this link http://pharmacy.oregonstate.edu/pharm_d_program_pre-reqs there is no such thing required. Well congrats again on your your interview and good luck w/Pacific. I have an interview @ OSU and I am ecstatic as well.

Well congrats to you. As a side note though I never took a single course of zoology and if you look on the OSU website from this link http://pharmacy.oregonstate.edu/pharm_d_program_pre-reqs there is no such thing required. Well congrats again on your your interview and good luck w/Pacific. I have an interview @ OSU and I am ecstatic as well.

I emailed Nicole about the Anatomy and Physiology requirements and she emailed me back saying that I would have to take upper division Zool courses at the University I go to (which I found very odd!). Yes, it is a 4 yr school, so I don't understand why they won't accept my Human Anatomy/Phys that I took for every other school of pharmacy!! I don't know why it won't transfer....hmmmm....? Oh well, I guess there is nothing I can do!

Anyways, congrats on your interview as well!!!:D

I emailed Nicole about the Anatomy and Physiology requirements and she emailed me back saying that I would have to take upper division Zool courses at the University I go to (which I found very odd!). Yes, it is a 4 yr school, so I don't understand why they won't accept my Human Anatomy/Phys that I took for every other school of pharmacy!! I don't know why it won't transfer....hmmmm....? Oh well, I guess there is nothing I can do!

Anyways, congrats on your interview as well!!!:D

did you read the course description on osu's website. u may find your answer there. over here, we have to take anatomy with human cadavers.

did you read the course description on osu's website. u may find your answer there. over here, we have to take anatomy with human cadavers.

The A&P I took from an Oregon University also required us to use human cadavers.

We also worked with human cadavers.....:D