Oregon State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kayakman28

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not sure how many of us applied to Oregon State, but I figured that I'd start this thread to keep everyone updated.

I am OOS so I won't be getting an interview. They are not going to give out offers until Feb - March.

I just got an email today telling me that my application is complete...

Members don't see this ad.

Hi!

I'm another OOS Oregon applicant, and got my application complete email today...

Just a question-- how many units of Biochem have you taken? I know it says we are supposed to do a "course sequence" in biochem--- well that is not an option where I live, so I just took the 3 unit semester class that was available. Hopefully it won't be too much of a big deal.

Yay Oregon! In-state for me, so hoping to get an interview. I also just got the email about my application being complete. I wouldn't worry too much about the Biochem, they list two Oregon State classes that would fulfill it and since they are on quarters I'd assume that one semester would be about equivalent to that. That's what I'm hoping anyways because that's what I did!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was talking to some admission folks about the biochem a while ago. Although they recommend a "course sequence," they definitely understand that a lot of institutions do not offer it.

I only took one semester of biochem even though my college offers Biochem & Advanced Biochem. These two courses don't satisfy the "course sequence" because the #s don't match. OSU wants to see, for example, Chem 348 & 349 - not Chem 348 & 451.

As stick said - don't worry about it!

I applied to Oregon State too, OOS. but I have not received anything from them yet... I just emailed to see if everything is going ok so well see. I also only took one semester of biochem, mine was a 4 credit course. I think were all good on that pre-req though... hopefully! :confused:

Ah cool, there are a few of us Oregon hopefuls on here!

Thanks for the info on the biochem situation. It does not sound like it is a big deal. Great news as I did not want to try to have to take Iowa State's online Biochem 2 this spring!!!

Good luck everyone... Guess us OOSers won't be hearing anything for a while though... Nerve wracking!