Organic 2 on OAT??

diirooz

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was under the impression that only Organic 1 was on the OAT but I saw a lot of questions on a practice OAT from Organic 2...Anyone who's taken it know? Because only one of the optometry schools that I applied to required Organic 2 which doesn't make sense if it is on the OATs...

Members don't see this ad.

To elaborate on the question above, I am taking practice tests from the Complete Guide to the OATs (something like that) and it has a LOT of questions from Organic II such as nomenclature and reaction products of functional groups. Can someone who has taken the actual OATs PLEASE PLEASE let me know if those topics are on it?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but, yes, th OAT covers materials from both Organic I and II. I know that after some schools' lists of chemistry requirements, they warn students that, even though they do not require 2 semesters of organic, the OAT does test on both semesters.

Good Luck!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but, yes, th OAT covers materials from both Organic I and II. I know that after some schools' lists of chemistry requirements, they warn students that, even though they do not require 2 semesters of organic, the OAT does test on both semesters.

Good Luck!

Exactly, and especially when some professors often run out of time, leaving many essential topics from the classes untouched. The best thing is to look at the syllabus outlined by ASCO. That way, you will be more assured of not missing anything you should have been prepared for.