Organic Chem 1 & 2 for Summer or Ochem 1/physics/calc3

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tcs91

Reaction score
I am a freshman planning courses for sophmore year. I am planning on either taking Ochem 1/lab, physics 1/lab, and calc 3 for sophmore fall semester, or take ochem 1/2 and lab over the summer. I was originally going to just take statistics (R-based) so I could have a better foundation for research, but my friend told me about ochem over the summer, which sounded fun. I am currently taking gen chem II, so I am very naive about the course system and any advice would be appreciated.

Context: I am a Biochem BS, currently in a lab, home is out-of-state

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I'm currently a freshman at a T20 taking Orgo I & Physics I this semester (along with a statistics class). Difficulty depends on the institution, but the combination is pretty manageable in my opinion. I'm not sure if I read what you said correctly, but you want to complete two semesters of Orgo over the summer? I'm not even sure if that's possible, and if it is, it doesn't sound fun at all. I think you should stick to your original schedule or take the first semester of Orgo over summer.