Organic chem help??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

awigon

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is my first time posting here so not sure if this is how I'm supposed to do it but...

I just retook the first part of my three-series organic chemistry class (I ended up with a C in the class but it was curved/scaled HEAVILY.), and am currently taking the second part. I'm worried that I don't know the first part enough to do well in the second. What's a good way to consolidate the previous information??

For reference, the first part of the series concerned:
  • structure bonding/resonance
  • acids and bases
  • nomenclature, conformations
  • radical rxns of alkanes
  • stereochem
  • alkenes and alkene reactions, haloalkanes
  • substitution and elimination rxns
second part concerns:
  • rxn of dienes, diels alder rxn
  • alkynes
  • rxns of alcohols, etc
  • organometallic compounds
  • carbonyl compounds
  • aromaticity