Organic Chemistry Boot Camp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

archonsbk

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done this before? And is this only offered during the summer? Can I do that during the winter?
Cuz I think my schedule for spring semester is going to be busy, so I want to take o chem lab either during winter vacation or during summer vacation.
Any ideas?

Members don't see this ad.

I've taken a ochem lab boot camp through the University of Wisconsin - Colleges. I'm not sure if this is the one you are referring to, but if it is, than yes, it is only offered during the summer. It is ten days of intense ochem. However, I would still recommend it. If you can get in, it is def. worth getting it done in 10 days. The labs are complex (and pretty easy to screw up... or maybe that's just me) and would be a demanding two credits during a semester. If you don't have one close to you and have to pay for housing wherever you go, I would recommend UW - Fox Valley. I had a very good professor there. However, you have to sign up very early (Oct or Nov). Cost without housing is ~ $1000. Also, brush up on your spectrometry before you go.