Test Tools Organic Chemistry Odyssey

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
We will be giving away 3 Organic Chemistry Odyssey's for test prep week. Good Luck to all!

orgobookmed.jpg


Dr. Jim Romano, New York University Graduate, Ashe Bowman Scholarship winner, and American Chemical Society member has created an innovative, problem-solving book for Organic Chemistry. Orgoman Organic Chemistry Odyssey offers insight to over 900 different problems as Dr. Romano allows you to peek into his clandestine world that opens his files to exam type problems and extremely detailed solutions completed by Dr. Romano personally. The book is electrifying and will be a vital tool to students enrolled in Organic class or students taking the DAT, MCAT, PCAT, OAT or GRE. You will be almost as excited about it as he! Let's begin on a journey of learning, and explore this wonderful world of Organic Chemistry. Best of luck to all!

CHAPTERS INCLUDE:
1. Concepts in Organic Chemistry
2. Acids and Bases
3. Cycloalkanes & Radicals
4. Stereochemistry
5. Elimination Reactions
6. Alkenes
7. Alkynes
8. Substitution Reactions
9. Alcohols
10. Ethers
11. Alcohols and Ethers II
12. Aromatics
13. Aldehydes and Ketones
14. Carbonyl Compounds
15. Spectroscopy
16. Amines
17. Carbohydrates
18. Amino Acids
19. Fatty Acids
20. Lab Technique
 
Sounds like an awesome product! Does this book contain any reading material besides the problems/answers?
 
I think so. I wish I would have known about this book when I was taking the Organic Chemistry. Instead I used the textbook and that took so long to read.
 
I was wondering if this book includes a solutions manual? I understand that it does provide the answers, but what about step by step solutions explaining the problems?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering if this book includes a solutions manual? I understand that it does provide the answers, but what about step by step solutions explaining the problems?

Good question.
I'd like to know the answer to this as well.

Also, since only 3 books are being given away, for those who might not win the book, what is the cost to purchase?

2thDMD
 
What makes this book better as opposed to the organic chemistry books most of us still have from our undergrad classes? Is it specially geared to prepare you for pre-professional tests such as the DAT?
 
wow this looks like a good book to get for both the mcat and ochem class