Organic Lab Requirement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Screwtape

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I was looking at the dental school requirements and they all say that a lab portion must be taken with each science pre-req. I am taking Orgo-1 next semester and my school doesn't offer a lab component. They do offer a lab component with Orgo-2. Will this be a problem for dental schools that I don't have a lab for Orgo-1? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

So I was looking at the dental school requirements and they all say that a lab portion must be taken with each science pre-req. I am taking Orgo-1 next semester and my school doesn't offer a lab component. They do offer a lab component with Orgo-2. Will this be a problem for dental schools that I don't have a lab for Orgo-1? Thanks

That's how my school is too. I think this is standard. There should be one lab for organic 1 & 2 which you take with organic 2 lecture. Honestly, I haven't even taken my lab yet and I finished Ochem 2 last spring.

My school also does a one semester intensive lab instead of 2 semesters of lab. Most schools are aware of it, since many people from my school apply.

If a problem does arise, I am sure you can call and explain. I don't think it should be a problem.

Members don't see this ad :)
does anybody know if this is also the case but for general chemistry. at my school, only the first year (one semester) of gen chem had a lab component but not the second year (second semester) course. all the bio major-related students there do this sequence for graduation purposes, as outlined in the course calendar.

does anybody know if this is also the case but for general chemistry. at my school, only the first year (one semester) of gen chem had a lab component but not the second year (second semester) course. all the bio major-related students there do this sequence for graduation purposes, as outlined in the course calendar.

I suppose it's different for each college. My Chem 1 and Chem 2 courses each had their own lab.