Screwtape

10+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2008
Midwest, USA
Status
Dentist
So I was looking at the dental school requirements and they all say that a lab portion must be taken with each science pre-req. I am taking Orgo-1 next semester and my school doesn't offer a lab component. They do offer a lab component with Orgo-2. Will this be a problem for dental schools that I don't have a lab for Orgo-1? Thanks

Avery07

SDN Lifetime Donor
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2008
Status
Dentist
So I was looking at the dental school requirements and they all say that a lab portion must be taken with each science pre-req. I am taking Orgo-1 next semester and my school doesn't offer a lab component. They do offer a lab component with Orgo-2. Will this be a problem for dental schools that I don't have a lab for Orgo-1? Thanks
That's how my school is too. I think this is standard. There should be one lab for organic 1 & 2 which you take with organic 2 lecture. Honestly, I haven't even taken my lab yet and I finished Ochem 2 last spring.

qkchen

7+ Year Member
Nov 17, 2009
Status
Dental Student
does anybody know if this is also the case but for general chemistry. at my school, only the first year (one semester) of gen chem had a lab component but not the second year (second semester) course. all the bio major-related students there do this sequence for graduation purposes, as outlined in the course calendar.

Avery07

SDN Lifetime Donor
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2008
Status
Dentist
does anybody know if this is also the case but for general chemistry. at my school, only the first year (one semester) of gen chem had a lab component but not the second year (second semester) course. all the bio major-related students there do this sequence for graduation purposes, as outlined in the course calendar.
I suppose it's different for each college. My Chem 1 and Chem 2 courses each had their own lab.