Quantcast

Organic Question???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredds1101

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2006
Messages
14
Reaction score
0

Members don't see this ad.
on kaplan's organic chemistry subject test 3, question #6, can someone explain why the answer is E? halogenation to a double bond should result in an anti additon, but the answer says that it is a syn addition. it seems like the answer should be C along with its enantiomer, but there is not an enantiomer for choice C. is this an error or am i just not getting something? thanks in advance.
 

GeauxTigers

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2006
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
futuredds1101 said:
on kaplan's organic chemistry subject test 3, question #6, can someone explain why the answer is E? halogenation to a double bond should result in an anti additon, but the answer says that it is a syn addition. it seems like the answer should be C along with its enantiomer, but there is not an enantiomer for choice C. is this an error or am i just not getting something? thanks in advance.

if recall correctly, there was an error and the answere should have been anti-addition along with its enatiomer.
 

futuredds1101

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2006
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
GeauxTigers said:
if recall correctly, there was an error and the answere should have been anti-addition along with its enatiomer.

thanks, i was driving myself crazy trying to figure out why it wouldn't be anti additon
 
F

future_dentist

Just wondering how r guys memorizing all the reactions.....I took o-chem few yrs ago....and forgot all the rxns....Like when LAH used or what would CH3CH2MgBr would give out what.....or which one is going to be major product....any suggestions would be helpful....

thanks..
 

GeauxTigers

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2006
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
future_dentist said:
Just wondering how r guys memorizing all the reactions.....I took o-chem few yrs ago....and forgot all the rxns....Like when LAH used or what would CH3CH2MgBr would give out what.....or which one is going to be major product....any suggestions would be helpful....

thanks..

if you have access to the kaplan flash cards, that would help or you just make your own flashcards with the most common reactions. you just have to memorize them again. try to stay with the more basic reactions as that will be the majority of questions seen. dat organic is much easier than the course, in my opinion.
 
F

future_dentist

thank u for replying....i do have kaplan flash cards.....so i have to know all the rxns...like nitration, sulfonation, friedel-crafts alkylation etc....

wao....then i should hit the flash cards right now..
 

djeffreyt

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2006
Messages
1,769
Reaction score
10
I made my own flash cards...about 95 or so. How many does Kaplan give you?

jeff
 
Top