Organic Reactions on DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RozhonDDS

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't taken organic chem yet, and have been learning it on my own now for about 4 months, I'm getting most of the reactions and fundamentals down. I was just curious if anyone who has taken the DAT can remember some general reactions (areas) that are stressed more on the actual DAT.

Thanx

Members don't see this ad.

Hmmm....so I starting listing some, but the deal with organic is you have to know a little of everything. Not too in-depth really, just the surface of every single topic.

RozhonDDS said:
I haven't taken organic chem yet, and have been learning it on my own now for about 4 months, I'm getting most of the reactions and fundamentals down. I was just curious if anyone who has taken the DAT can remember some general reactions (areas) that are stressed more on the actual DAT.

Thanx

Sn1, Sn2, E1, E2 are definately reactions that you know know really well since they will constitute the majority of reactions you will need to know. Also know the reactions in the Kaplan book along with the Diels-Alder reaction, which isnt covered in Kaplan I believe.

what about peroxides? topscore asked a question about it, but kaplan didn't mention it. do the real dat ask questions abou peroxides?

i would imagine... peroxide formation and epoxide formation are very simple anyway