Organic Students...

Started by dmbgg
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dmbgg

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I goofed up my first hard semester in college (which wasn't really that hard, but other external factors contributed) now I'm trying to get back on track!

I am in Organic 2 now and during the first semester I did not make a Reaction Notebook. Now I am motivated to sort and classify all the reactions in Organic 1 and those for the first test of Organic 2.

So my question to you... Did you guys make a notebook and find it helpful? And how did you sort your reactions?
 
So I goofed up my first hard semester in college (which wasn't really that hard, but other external factors contributed) now I'm trying to get back on track!

I am in Organic 2 now and during the first semester I did not make a Reaction Notebook. Now I am motivated to sort and classify all the reactions in Organic 1 and those for the first test of Organic 2.

So my question to you... Did you guys make a notebook and find it helpful? And how did you sort your reactions?

Honestly I made flashcards. I would sort between the alkenes and alkynes since those are where the most were, and then I had some of the miscellaneous such as the SN1,2/E1,2 and organometallics.

Good luck, I'm in orgo 2 right now.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah I have tried the note cards, and I do prefer a notebook. And I do plan on doing synthesis problems out of the book, I just thought the notebook would probably help me.
 
Make flash cards and get practice doing a LOT of example problems to the point where you no longer need the flash cards. Then you will be good to go👍