Organization Name...HELP!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chilon85

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I think that I am FINALLY going to submit my Application TODAY! Lol, anyways, I have a few quick questions before I hit "E-submit." For the Extracurricular, Volunteer, and Community Service section, one has to list the name of the organization, position title, etc but what if you don't have an actual organization name? For example, I take classical Indian dance from a private teacher, who recently retired. It is still an important part of my life and therefore one of my EC's. However, I do not have an organization name for it or a position title so what should I put? As of now, I just put "Bharatnatyam" (which is the name of the Indian Classical Dance) as the Organization Name and "Dancer" as the Position title; what do you guys think?

Also, when participating in clubs in college, such as the Life Sciences and Pre-Medical Club, what if you did not have a position title but were just an avid participant? Do you just put participant? Did any of you guys just put "Not Applicable" for any of the organization names?

Thank you ahead of time for your help. Good luck to everyone applying this year!

Members don't see this ad.

My fellow Indian,

I think if you just put that down there should be no problem....if they ask you, just explain the situation to them. Or to be on the safe side, you could put something like "So-and-So's Indian Classical Dance Academy". Either way, you should be fine

Good luck! :luck:

J

UVMTrifecta said:
My fellow Indian,

I think if you just put that down there should be no problem....if they ask you, just explain the situation to them. Or to be on the safe side, you could put something like "So-and-So's Indian Classical Dance Academy". Either way, you should be fine

Good luck! :luck:

J

Thank you!