Organizing Research

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CanIBeAnonymous

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm relatively new to research - I worked in a lab for a year during my Masters but everything was pretty organized through the lab.

Now I'm working on several projects, with several labs, over several disciplines and types of research (clinical, bench, engineering, etc). Does anyone use any sorta of application to organize all their research together and have any suggestions.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for, but I use Zotero. Allows me to keep track of all of the papers for my projects very easily.

Reactions: 1 users
Try Asana

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I really like Notion for general organization, Mendeley for papers and citations.

Reactions: 1 user
I second Zotero for reference management.
I also use OneNote and I separate it per paper. So its a folder like (Neurosurgery Dr. Smith -> AVM Data -> multiple notes saying original goals, current update, etc. You could do the same via normal folders but I found its annoying to make a new word document every time you update a paper.