Orgo 2 at Doane University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PreMedLife210

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Has anyone here taken Joseph Paletta at Doane University Open Learning for orgo 2? Any advice? And is the course proctored?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

This one sounds like a job for Rate My Professor:

David D, MD - USMLE and MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

Reactions: 1 user
This one sounds like a job for Rate My Professor:

David D, MD - USMLE and MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors
Yea I’ve already seen that. No other choice so was hoping someone actually took him lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! I have and I do not at all recommend. By far the absolute professor I've had the misfortune to take a class with. He literally doesn't post any original content/lectures. He gives "mini-lectures" every week which supposedly cover the harder material but are in all actuality useless. They aren't even him teaching it's one of the other profs from the chem department (Dr. Beio). His feedback on assignments also are not helpful. The best I got once was one broken sentence for feedback. Most of the time it was literally a one or two word response for the WHOLE assignment so half the time you weren't completely sure where the feedback applied. He also only responds to emails once in a blue moon. Always took atleast 4 days to respond, some of my emails straight up went unanswered. And forget posting in the question center numerous classmates posted there, including me, and none of them were answered. None of the assignments (including the final exam) were proctored. Biochem has proctoring though if you need that and are curious.

If you need ochem and have to take it online because of covid causing school closures or what not, I'd look into UNE. I didn't take them, but there is no way they can be worse than ochem through Doane. The orgo 1 prof (Dr. Ramos de Dios) also isn't much better.

Doane isn't all bad though: I had a very positive experience with physics and I'm enjoying biochem which I'm taking now.

Hey! I have and I do not at all recommend. By far the absolute professor I've had the misfortune to take a class with. He literally doesn't post any original content/lectures. He gives "mini-lectures" every week which supposedly cover the harder material but are in all actuality useless. They aren't even him teaching it's one of the other profs from the chem department (Dr. Beio). His feedback on assignments also are not helpful. The best I got once was one broken sentence for feedback. Most of the time it was literally a one or two word response for the WHOLE assignment so half the time you weren't completely sure where the feedback applied. He also only responds to emails once in a blue moon. Always took atleast 4 days to respond, some of my emails straight up went unanswered. And forget posting in the question center numerous classmates posted there, including me, and none of them were answered. None of the assignments (including the final exam) were proctored. Biochem has proctoring though if you need that and are curious.

If you need ochem and have to take it online because of covid causing school closures or what not, I'd look into UNE. I didn't take them, but there is no way they can be worse than ochem through Doane. The orgo 1 prof (Dr. Ramos de Dios) also isn't much better.

Doane isn't all bad though: I had a very positive experience with physics and I'm enjoying biochem which I'm taking now.
Hi thanks for the reply! I guess I should have taken this post down lol I took it and got an A! Didn’t have any other options tbh they were all full. He wasn’t the greatest prof, but I just got myself thru the class on my own and I was fine

Hello,
For you all they took a course a Doane? On Amcas or any other professional application site, what would be the term? Do you put semester even though it’s 8 weeks?