"Orgo for Healthcare Majors" - does it count?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mypremedstory1

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello community. I'm in a bit of a bad spot. I earned a D in organic chemistry I (with lab included) at my university (A- in Orgo 2!). I've graduated and i'm looking to retake the course before sending my application in. I have two options available to me:

• My university has a course named "Organic Chemistry for Healthcare majors". The course includes a lab component. The description says that its not intended for chemistry majors but its is given by the chemistry department.
  • A neighboring university has full blown Organic Chemistry 1 lecture open except it does not include a lab component. This university is not offering any lab courses this summer.
Which course sounds like the better option to take? I see one seems like it might be a less intense version of Orgo while the other one is missing the lab component. Am I required to retake the lab component of a course that I received less than a C- in?

I appreciate any help in sorting this out.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'd suggest Organic Chem 1 without the lab. It is sure to be the more rigorous course. You have until matriculation to fulfill all the requirements so you have plenty of time (until this time next year at the earliest) to squeeze in that lab.

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you both for clearing that up. I'm going to register for the Orgo I session and try to squeeze in the lab component this fall.

Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user