Orgo troubles

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I

itsallgood19

Alright let's cut to the chase and admit that only a select few really enjoy Orgo...unfortunately i am not one of them and will admit i am not too much of a chemistry guy. The reason for my post is to ask how harsh for your app if you are pulling Cs in Orgo. I basically got a C in Orgo I and am just starting Orgo II, but it does not come quick to me as fast as bio does.

Just saying, in the event your other pre-reqs and upper levels are decent to land a 3.3-3.4 gpa, how bad is it for your transcript to show Cs in Orgo realistically?

Members don't see this ad.

I had a C in one orgo semester and I got into SUNY. My friend that went to med school also had a C. I think schools care the least about it.

Orgo is considered by most to be a filtering course. If you can't force feed it then it shows schools that when you have to learn something you are not interested in, you can't. They want people that will work hard and learn what needs to be learned. I'd say to a limited extent the material is also useful for pharmacology stuff later.

Hell, a lot of med school is about force feeding not very relevant information if you want to do ophthalmology for example. See quotes below. Its just how our current educational system is setup.

I really don't think its too bad. If you're in good standing in your other classes and feel good about your application otherwise, I'd say you've still got a decent shot at many schools. I got a C+ in orgo I, but I was accepted to Nova and have an interview at berkeley in feb.