Orientation question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Spaceball1

Full Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So we have a mandatory student orientation coming up at D'Youville College, and I was wondering what most people usually wear to these things. I am a guy first off. It's NOT an interview, everyone going has already been accepted. So I know I'm not wearing a suit and tie, but do others still wear a blazer of some sort? Or should we wear a buttondown/polo shirt and khakis? I don't own a blazer so I'd rather avoid spending a lot of money on one if I can, but if everybody else is then I'll probably have to. This is kind of annoying as I don't want to look overdressed or underdressed on the first day of meeting everyone I'll be working with for a while here. Any advice is appreciated, thanks.
 
Polo, khakis and dark/solid athletic shoes are probably fine. However, we had a luncheon scheduled one day with University hot shots that we were required to wear suit and tie for. They let us know on the first day when that was scheduled so we were prepared.