-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Orientation - what to wear
Started by catdogg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted498041
I had my first day of orientation today and wore dress pants and a nice top. We were requested to dress business casual. I can attach a picture if necessary.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If there is specific attired requested (such as business casual), wear that. We had no special requirements so I wore jeans and a tshirt or similarly casual shirt.
I was wondering the same thing for Penn. I thinking completely casual. I'm guessing some practical shoes for the last day at NBC.
Clothes.
Wear everyday clothing. I just wore some type of shorts and shirts. There isn't a dress code.
I was wondering the same thing for Penn. I thinking completely casual. I'm guessing some practical shoes for the last day at NBC.
You'll only really need to wear sneakers, unless something has changed for this year. We do games that day, but I'm sure you'll get more details in the next two weeks or at orientation. See you all then!
Clothes.
Is that recommended or required?
If you go casual at least cover up all the bits and pieces that no one else wants a glimpse of...
Clothes.

I almost posted this exact response when the thread first went up. Would have been the first response to the OP, then I thought, "that is a little mean," and decided not to.
🤣
Is that recommended or required?
If you go casual at least cover up all the bits and pieces that no one else wants a glimpse of...
There's always <someone> who wants a glimpse....
Not sure if this is really necessary to say.. but...
Penn is a little more conservative in dress than other Vet schools from what I have observed posted in the past. It is not really popular to wear really mega-revealing clothes as it might be elsewhere (or perhaps that ship has sailed, I have no idea).
I am not saying you can't...
and I am not saying it wouldn't be appreciated by some <ahem>
just saying you would not be typical to do so.
Penn is a little more conservative in dress than other Vet schools from what I have observed posted in the past. It is not really popular to wear really mega-revealing clothes as it might be elsewhere (or perhaps that ship has sailed, I have no idea).
I am not saying you can't...
and I am not saying it wouldn't be appreciated by some <ahem>
just saying you would not be typical to do so.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad