Orientation

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eyebwoi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if any of the schools charge an orientation fee for incoming first year optometry students...?

Members don't see this ad.

I think at SUNY it's built into your annual "activities fee". Why does it matter?

It doesn't matter...I was just wondering. I find it strange that we have to pay up front for our orientation. I guess I thought it was the school's responsibility to welcome new students!
(note, I'm not really complaining about money, etc)

Members don't see this ad :)
It doesn't matter...I was just wondering. I find it strange that we have to pay up front for our orientation. I guess I thought it was the school's responsibility to welcome new students!
(note, I'm not really complaining about money, etc)

even if the school didn't specify an orientation charge, the money they spend will have come somewhere, most likely your tuition. there is no such thing as free stuff.

even if the school didn't specify an orientation charge, the money they spend will have come somewhere, most likely your tuition. there is no such thing as free stuff.

That's true. I was expecting it to be built into tuition. I have no problems with that, makes sense...money has to come from somewhere! Just wasn't expecting to be told to pay for it separately (before orientation)! Anyway, this is not an issue, I was just curious to see how most the schools did it!

UHCO charges for the orientation fees prior to orientation. Not sure if that's the school you'll be attending too, but if not, there's one for your list. ;)