Ortho metal detectors

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Mikhail Suetin

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Apart from being a med student I work as an engineer in a small local company. My boss got hit by a car a couple days ago, he's got a squashed fibula, a couple of dislocated joints, broken humerus as well. But that is not the point. He's an engineer himself, and loves to talk a lot too, so he got himself into several discussions about the things that our doctors would wanna have in disposal. One of such things is a hand-held metal detector (or a pinpointer). Of course, they've got x-ray and all that, but they're looking for something like these guys at JHU made several years ago: http://www.jhu.edu/news/home07/jun07/ortho.html

My question is whether there are such things, and if there are, how do I google it, where can I read about it, and, most importantly, whether our doctors can order them to the middle of nowhere (Tver, Russia). The reason I posted it in ortho surgery section is because the question itself came from an ortho surgeon.

I'm sorry for the mistakes if there are any.
 
Last edited: