Orthodontics for eu students in usa or uk?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aryadent

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I am a dentist(graduated from EU) with 2 years of clinical experience and I am about to apply for postgraduate courses in orthodontics. I did some research in the forum and I read in many posts that it is quite difficult to get accepted as a postgraduate student in the usa. Does anyone know if this is the case too for unis like ucla, tufts,nyu etch (with high fees and no stipends)?I was wondering if my chances of being accepted there are better comparing to salaried residencies. I have also applied in king’s college, ucl and queen mary in the Uk. Do you know if it is also competitive to get into?
Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Arya!
I know that UCLA accepts 2 non-CODA students for their ortho program :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Truth is, every program for residency is competitive in the US - especially OMS and Ortho are popular. You have to be a unique applicant. However, I think UCLA could be a great opportunity as they seem to accept 2 CODA-grad and 2 non-CODA grads, so I guess that means you are only competing with the foreign graduates for those 2 spots.

Truth is, every program for residency is competitive in the US - especially OMS and Ortho are popular. You have to be a unique applicant. However, I think UCLA could be a great opportunity as they seem to accept 2 CODA-grad and 2 non-CODA grads, so I guess that means you are only competing with the foreign graduates for those 2 spots.

That’s great!Thank you :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile