Orthodontics specialisation in USA, international dentist

Started by Zuzka
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Zuzka

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dear doctors and students,
I am a dentist from Slovakia, central Europe, I finished my studies in June 2015 and now I would like to do a specialisation in orthodontics in the USA. Can anybody, please, tell me where I can get the information on how to achieve my dream? I've read on one of the forums that it is possible to get into some orthodontics specialisations also without having the american dental degree, is that true?
Thank you for all the tips or links. 🙂
 
Dear doctors and students,
I am a dentist from Slovakia, central Europe, I finished my studies in June 2015 and now I would like to do a specialisation in orthodontics in the USA. Can anybody, please, tell me where I can get the information on how to achieve my dream? I've read on one of the forums that it is possible to get into some orthodontics specialisations also without having the american dental degree, is that true?
Thank you for all the tips or links. 🙂

are you looking at any particular states?
 
Hello dear dds/msd aspirant!
I am not looking at any particular states that much, the best option would be California, because I have lived there for a year and already know people there. Also I already have friends in Arizona, Nevada, Lousiana or Florida. But that it's not that important,
I am looking at all the states, any would be great. Regarding to my research the best orthodontic knowledge one can get is in the USA, so that is the reason I really want to get accepted to master at any clinic.
First I really wanna try to get in also without having the DDM, I've heard that there are schools who accept dentists licenced in other countries (however still prefer the ones who have American degree of course), if that is not possible, I will probably get licenced first.
Thank you very much for any information regarding this matter. ;-)